Sunday, June 3, 2007


This is Deadpool. For those of you who don't know him, Deadpool is also known as Wade Wilson, or The Merc With A Mouth. Deadpool is one of the funniest, if not THE funniest characters ever to stain the Marvel universe with his wisecrackin' presence.

Well, actually, this isn't really Deadpool. It's a 10 inch action figure I ordered off E-bay after I read the Deadpool comics and fell in love with the character.

Those of you familiar with action figure collecting may notice that Deadpool is not currently occupying his box. This, apparently, makes me a very, very bad comic figure collector. But he's MY Deadpool, I paid for him, and I wanted to play with him. And play with him I shall. In the coming days and weeks, we are going to follow Deadpool on some of his adventures. Now, don't think that, just because he's only 10 inches tall and made of plastic, Deadpool can't have some pretty fabulous adventures! You'll see.

Currently, Deadpool is without his doorknobs, er, guns. That's because he and I are having an argument. I took away his guns shortly after he arrived because he refused to acknowledge that the pen is mightier than the sword. In fact, I took away his guns and gave him a pencil. Which, as you may notice, he no longer has. It was a good pencil, too, just the right length for him and a very pretty silver. Yet, somehow, 'Pool was not amused. He glared at that pencil for weeks, continually refusing to come over to my side of the argument.

Anyway, keep an eye out here for 'Pool's adventures. I may even let him do some of the writing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.